2020 Mid Year Workshop Booklet
2020 Induction Pack
Agenda Suggestions for One on One meetings
One to One Monthly Worksheet
Meeting Preparation Guide
1-2-1 Preparation Sheet
Issue Presentation Format Guide
Protecting and promoting mental health in the workplace: developing a systems approach
Swinburne University construction focus group outcomes
Measuring the psychological impact of work related stress and related occupational factors in the Australian infrastructure and construction industry
A framework to create more mentally healthy workplaces
Maureen Thurston's presentation - Dinner
Maureen Thurston's presentation - Day 2 Workshop
Professor Andrew Harris' presentation from the mid-year workshop
To support the goal of developing the future leaders of our industry, our Fellows are asked each year to collaborate on a research project - the results of which feed into RA's broader policy agenda.
They work in state-based groups on a research project that demonstrates their:
- understanding of key issues and challenges faced by industry,
- ability to work together on a collective response,
- ability to apply presentation skills taught during the mid-year workshop;
- ability to communicate a convincing argument to key stakeholders, and develop feasible implementation solutions for RA.
In 2019, each of our six teams was tasked with developing an implementable plan for RA to build a diverse and capable workforce, choosing from two topics:
- Promote careers in the roads and associated industries as desirable.
- Attract and retain women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and other industries to a career in the roads and associated industries.
Each team prepared a summary recommendation report and presented its findings in a 10-minute presentation and Q&A session prior to the Fellows Annual Dinner, held in Melbourne in November.
Following a rigorous scoring process, Group 2 from NSW was announced as the 2019 winner, receiving an extension to their 'golden ticket' in 2020. Group 2 comprised:
- Chris Turnbull, Turnbull Engineering
- Linh Truong, Cardno
- Sam Sader, TSA Management
- Kellee McGilvray, TfNSW
- Philip Duffy, HKA
The research work by the 2019 Fellows will contribute to the 2020 Policy Stream work and Fellowship Projects.
2019 Research Papers
Group 1 (NSW)
Group 2 (NSW)
Group 3 (QLD)
Group 4 (SA & WA)
Group 5 (VIC)
Group 6 (VIC)